The research and discovery phase showed the project's user profiles were extremely varied as far as scale, purpose, and directions.
› Retail marketing via mobile app notifications.
› Room / Building access, mapping, control, and monitoring.
› Multi site inventory tracking, mapping, and analytics.
Using the "atomic design" methodology, we set up definitions of what functions were needed as far as interactions, data components or structures, and informational text.
The key was to figure out what components were universal across the user profiles.
Using my atomic structures, I sketched out rough wireframes to begin designing an architecture and visual interface foundation.
This rapid prototyping is good to help establish user flows, and determine where any faults or anomalies might arise.
I recomended that this project have a unified structural foundation that would then have varied components or widgets for relevant user profiles.
Interactive Prototyping and Final Production
Once the system functionality was established, I created digital wireframes to build interactive prototypes using InVision. These were then sent to users for testing. This gave us the metrics needed to see if our research and execution was on track. Then we moved on to final design comps, working with graphic designers to build a final visual interface.
* Due to NDA requirements I can not show more than these screens.