Management provided a brand manual proposal by a design agency. We began by evaluating their ideas and execution. We provided feedback where inconsistencies in quality and execution lied. As well, we began trying different colors on our UI to see what made sense. We tested the patters and color choices with stakeholders and clients to make sure we were on the right path.
Code Consistency and Quality
Next I took the opportunity to plan how the code would change for the rebranded colors. I wanted to see what was redundant code, and what was confusing. The reduction of colors offered an opportunity to clean the CSS up and visually tighten up the user experience.
Component Library Updates
After we had our colors finalized we began to integrate them into the component library. We took this time to consider enhancements like icons micro interactions, and component updates.
Version Control and Collaboration.
As this was a large undertaking we used Abstract to work on branches of the project. I would coordinate with my team, certain roles or sections they could work on in order to make tasks more manageable.
Final UI Redesign
After we had established a design system, we began to integrate it into our platform, taking pages from the platform and converting them to the new design system using the updated component library.